Did you know that it is possible to download and view HD videos, which a user purchases or rents from the iTunes Store on iOS device or Apple computer thanks to the High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection-compatible elements?
High-resolution videos have a better picture compared to the standard definition films. You can find them in iTunes Store in 1080p or 720p.
In order to purchase or get HD content in any other possible way, check whether you possess the most recent versions of macOS and iTunes.
In case you use a personal computer or an externally connected monitor, mind that the display must support HDCP with a resolution of 1024 x 768 or up. Moreover, it should have a digital connection. Check whether all necessary updates are installed and activated on your machine.
How to Stream HD Videos?
It makes sense that a user would like to stream HD on the purchased device while you are logged in with the same Apple ID.
It is easy to detect whether it is possible to steam the film – check if the movie launches once you select the play button or download button. Such movies stream at the premium-quality level depending on the computer’s setting and speed of internet connection.
Do not worry – your iOS device is smart enough to stream the target video file automatically and guarantees the quality you were looking for.
What about Downloading Content in 1080p?
It is possible to download an HD content in 1080p on the iOS/Apple device of any type. It is impossible to get on on the Apple TV.
If you want to download the selected content in 1080p on an iOS device, do the offered:
- Launch the iTunes Store application. In case you are not logged in, use your Apple ID.
- Look for the TV show or a movie that you wish to purchase and tap it.
- Tap the Buy button to get the file you want.
Download content in 1080p on Apple Computer or PC
- Launch iTunes app. Pick the Store tab. It is at the top.
- Look for the film or television show you wish to purchase. Push on Movie tab or TV Shows menu. Next, click the desired file.
- Select to Buy and get the file of your interest immediately.
Based on the type of machine you are using, it may be impossible to purchase or rent particular videos in 1080p. In case a notification pops up telling something like “This device may not be able to play 1080p videos. You can download these videos anyway and use them on other devices,” there is no way to enjoy 1080p video files.
You can automatically obtain the content of high quality by following these steps:
- Launch iTunes.
- Select iTunes and Preferences if you use Mac; pick Edit and Preferences for PC.
- Click Downloads.
- Chose an option titled “Download full-size HD videos” by telling OK to the system.
Ways to Download SD content
In case the mobile device or machine refuse to support high-quality video files, download SD film and enjoy.
To do so on iOS devices:
- Launch the iTunes Store application with the help of personal Apple ID.
- Look for the video of interest or television show you prefer. Tap the target.
- Move to the bottom of the chosen clip or details page. Select “Also Available in SD.”
- There, you may choose the Buy feature to get what you need.
As for Macs and Windows computers, take the offered steps:
- Launch the iTunes application on the target computer. Do it using personal Apple ID.
- Have a look at the top of the screen. You will need Account. Go to the Purchased option over there. Family Purchases is the analogy for those who are part of the Family Sharing team.
- Pick Movie/TV Shows that you will notice in the right.
- Pick “Not in My Library” option to see the bought items that are not on your target machine yet.
- Move to the bottom of the iTunes screen. Remove the tick from the Download HD When Available.
- Discover the movie or television show that you would like to download. Push the download button to the right. The film or television show will appear in the library.