Serial numbers, IMEI/MEID, CDN, and ICCID codes are used to identify your iOS device. Knowing this information will help you in emergency cases, especially when you need to prove the ownership of the device.
- It is possible to find a serial number and identification codes assigned to your iOS device in several places. In Settings, iTunes, on the physical device, or on the packaging.
- Use the serial number or the IMEI/MEID number to identify your iOS device when addressing Apple for support.
How to Find your Serial Number, IMEI/MEID, or ICCID?
- Access Settings → General → About.
- Search for the serial number, IMEI/MEID, and ICCID.
- Touch and hold the number/code to copy. Paste it into Apple registration/support forms.
If for some reason you don’t see the number, follow the below instructions.
How to Find Your iPhone’s Serial Number & IMEI/MEID?
On iPhone 8, 8+, 7, 7+, 6s, 6s+, it is possible to obtain the serial number from Settings and the IMEI/MEID on the SIM tray. Using the IMEI/MEID instead of the serial number is possible as well
On iPhone 6, 6+, SE, 5s, 5c, 5 models, it is possible to obtain the serial number from Settings and the IMEI/MEID on the back cover of the device. Using the IMEI/MEID instead of the serial number is possible as well.
On iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 (GSM model), 4s it is possible to obtain the serial number & IMEI/MEID on the SIM tray.
On the original iPhone models, you will find the serial number/IMEI code engraved on the back cover.
How to Find the Serial Number & IMEI/MEID on iPad and iPod touch?
On iPad Pro, iPad and iPod touch the serial number is engraved on the back cover. The iPad (cellular model) also has the IMEI on the back cover.
Note: the MEID code is the first 14 digits of the IMEI.
Find the Serial Number & IMEI/MEID in iTunes
It is possible to find the serial number of your iOS device in the iTunes app:
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer.
- Launch the iTunes app, if it doesn’t launch automatically.
- Locate your iOS device → click Summary to see the information.
- For iPhone: click Phone Number to find the IMEI/MEID and ICCID.
- For iPad (cellular model): click Serial Number to find the CDN, IMEI/MEID, and ICCID.
To paste the codes, select Edit → Copy Serial Number.
What to Do if You Don’t Have Your iOS Device?
To find the serial number or IMEI/MEID code of your iOS device:
- Open the Apple ID account page in a web browser.
- Authorize with the Apple ID and password used on the iOS device that you need the serial or IMEI/MEID of.
- Scroll down to the Devices section and choose your device to see its serial number or IMEI/MEID code.
If you still haven’t found the serial or IMEI/MEID of your device, here’s what to do:
- If you have one more iOS device with iOS 10.3 or later signed in to your Apple ID, tap Settings → [username]. Next, scroll down to the devices signed in to your Apple ID and tap the device name to obtain the serial and IMEI/MEID number.
- If you still have the original package for your device, you can find the serial number and IMEI/MEID on the barcode:
- If nothing of the above works, contact Apple Support.