Apple ID is your personal account that is used to sign in to various Apple services. In case you aren’t sure if you have created your Apple ID or forgot it, you can use one of the following ways to find it.
Signing in with an e-mail address
In most of the cases, a user’s e-mail address is their Apple ID, too. (But in China, for example, one can also use their phone number as an Apple ID). You can try signing in to your Apple ID account page with each of your prior e-mail address to see if one of them works as your Apple ID.
Finding Apple ID through personal account page
- Open your personal Apple ID account page, then click the ‘Forgot Apple ID or Password?’ at the bottom of the screen.
- On a page that opens next, you will be asked to type in your personal Apple ID. Click the link to the following ‘Forgot Apple ID’ page.
- Type your first name, last name and e-mail address into respective lines. Try once again in case you have entered a wrong e-mail address. This way you’ll be able to find the one which works for your Apple ID.
Check if you have already signed in with your personal Apple ID
There’s a chance that you are already signed into your personal account on one of your Apple gadgets. Look for your Apple ID that was used to sign in to one of these services:
iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- Open Settings – [Your Name] – iTunes & AppStore. (On iOS 10.2 or earlier versions, go to Settings – iTunes & AppStore).
- Open Settings – [Your Name] – iCloud. (On iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings – iCloud).
- Settings – Messages – Send & Receive.
- Settings – FaceTime
- Settings – Mail/ Contacts/ Calendars.
Mac or PC
- Go to Apple Menu – System Preferences, and click iCloud.
- Open Mail, select Mail, open Preferences, and click Accounts.
- Open Calendar; select Calendar – Preferences, then Accounts.
- Open FaceTime; select FaceTime – Preferences, then Settings.
- Open Messages; select Messages – Preferences, and click Accounts.
Reset your password if you managed to find your Apple ID, but forgot the password to it.
Check your iTunes account for any previous purchases
If you bought any items in the iTunes store before, you can check which personal account you used to make a purchase in File Info.
In case Apple ID has been changed since, you won’t be able to view it through File Info.
- Open iTunes.
- Go to iTunes Library, to view the list of your purchases, and click on them.
- Tap Edit – Get Info.
- Open the ‘File’ tab.
- Click ‘Purchased ‘ In a description that opens you will see the Apple ID which you used to make a purchase.
In case you found your Apple ID but can’t remember its password, you should reset it.
If you would like to change your personal Apple ID after you found it, we recommend you to update the new ID in Settings for all your Apple services and apps.
Mind that FaceTime is available not in all regions and countries.