Having a Mac Adware Cleaner ad on your Mac can mean only one thing: Mac Adware Cleaner is already installed and active on your Apple computer. On its official website, it is advertised as a tool that can help users to protect their devices from malicious software and, above all, remove the unnecessary data. Sounds convincing, doesn’t it?
As it turns out, Advanced Mac Cleaner checks the system and reports thousands of detected problems, however, most of these errors are fake and are designed to trick you into buying the full version of the program. In this article, we prepared a guide on how to delete the annoying app from your device and remove its traces from various browsers. So, read on!
Delete Advanced Mac Cleaner on Mac OS X device
- Select the following line:
~ / Library / LaunchAgents / com.pcv.hlpramc.plist
Once you do it, click on the line with the right mouse button, go to Services and select Reveal in Finder. Then you need to go to the folder containing the selected item, move the item to Trash and restart your Mac.
- Go to Library, find Application Support, and remove AMC from the Trash folder. When prompted, enter your password.
- In Library, find AdvancedMacCleaner and delete it.
- Open Applications, find the Advanced Mac Cleaner app and remove it to Trash.
All things done, there should not be any leftovers of this malware application on your device.
Once you remove a bogus app from the device itself, we recommend you to check for its traces in your browsers and get rid of them. Below you will find instructions prepared for the most popular Internet browsers: Safari and Chrome.
Uninstall Advanced Mac Cleaner in Google Chrome
- Remove malicious plugins. For that, open the Google Chrome app, find Menu in the upper right corner, select Tools and proceed to Extensions. Then, select malicious plugins including the ones from the Advanced Mac Cleaner app, and remove them by clicking on the Trash icon.
- Go to Menu again and in the Search tab select Settings and go to Manage Search engines. In this tab, delete all the malicious search websites. Leave Google or another domain you need.
- Reset the Google Chrome app. For that, click the menu icon in the upper right corner of the Google Chrome window and go to Settings. After that, scroll down and select the Reset browser settings option. Next, choose Reset so as to confirm and complete removal of the Advanced Mac Cleaner app.
Uninstall Advanced Mac Cleaner in Safari
- Remove suspicious extensions. For that, open the Safari browser and, then, click Safari in the menu in the upper left corner. After that, select Preferences. Go to Extensions and check the tab for various Advanced Mac Cleaner and other dangerous entries. Next, delete them by clicking Uninstall.
- Reset Safari. To do so, open Safari and in the menu, click Safari in the upper left corner. Select the Reset Safari option. After that, a dialog box with different reset options should appear. All the options should be ticked by default. However, you can also choose only those you need. Complete the removal process by clicking Reset.
Once you uninstall this potentially unsafe program and debug all the web browsers, it would be a good idea to perform scanning of the whole system with some reliable anti-spyware program. Thus, you will detect and get rid of the tracks of Advanced Mac Cleaner in the registry, as well as other viruses, Trojans, and malware software.