It is possible to download the purchased applications, books, songs, TV shows, movies, and audiobooks repeatedly. Before you access the iTunes, iBooks or App Store, do the following:
- Authenticate with the Apple ID used for the original purchase. It is possible to share purchased items with other family members if you use Family Sharing.
- Check if your device has the most recent version of iOS, macOS, iTunes, and tvOS.
How to Redownload Apps?
It is possible to repeatedly download applications and some in-app purchases on your Apple TV, iOS devices or Mac.
Redownload Apps on iOS Devices from App Store
- Launch the App Store app → click Today at the bottom part of the screen.
- Tap or user photo located in the upper-right corner → click Purchased → click Not on this [device].
- Locate the application to re-download, then click . After that, the app will download on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Redownload Apps on a Mac
- On your Mac, launch the App Store app.
- Find the Purchased icon on top of the window.
- Find the application you wish to re-download → click Install/Download located to the right of the app. After that, the application will download to your Mac.
How to Redownload TV shows, Movies or Music from iTunes Store?
- During the rental period, it is possible to download movies that you’ve rented to one device at a time.
- Redownload specific tones and ringtones on iOS devices with the most recent iOS version.
- The items downloaded to play offline from Apple Music won’t show up in the iTunes Store purchase history.
Redownload Music on iOS Devices
- Launch the iTunes Store app on the iOS device.
- If you use an iPhone/iPod, click More → Purchased, on an iPad, tap Purchased.
- Choose which files to redownload, then tap Movies, Music or TV Shows → click Not on This [device].
- Tap icon to the right of the file name to start the download.
Redownload Music on a Mac or PC
- Launch iTunes. Authenticate with your Apple ID, if necessary.
- Go to the Account menu on top of iTunes window → Purchased.
- Select Movies, Music or TV Shows in the upper-right corner of the iTunes window.
- Find the item you wish to redownload, click icon in the upper-right corner. Once the download is over, the item becomes available in your iTunes library.
How to Redownload Books or Audiobooks from iBooks?
It is possible to repeatedly download books and audiobooks from iBooks store to your iOS devices, Mac or Windows PC.
Redownload Books/Audiobooks on iOS Devices
- Launch the iBooks app → click Purchased → tap Books/Audiobooks → click Not on This [device].
- Locate the book/audiobook to redownload → then tap icon. After that, the item becomes available on your iOS device.
Redownload Books/Audiobooks on a Mac
Redownloading audiobooks on Mac requires using the same sequence of steps as for redownloading TV shows, movies or music on a Mac/PC.
- Launch iBooks, authenticate with your Apple ID, if necessary → select iBooks Store.
- Click Purchased located under Quick Links to the right of the iBooks Store window.
- Switch to the Not in My Library tab to look through the purchased items that aren’t available on your Mac or PC.
- Locate the book you wish to download → click icon located in the upper-right corner. When the download is over, the book will be available in your iBooks library.