The Apple Music membership gives access to millions of songs, recommendations based on individual music tastes, playlists, and radio. It is possible to access music on a variety of devices, download your favorite songs and play them offline. The only condition is using the same Apple ID to sign in to Apple Music on all devices.
Before starting the Apple Music registration procedure, make sure your iOS software is up-to-date, and the latest version of iTunes is installed on your Mac or Windows PC. Also, to prevent unexpected data loss or corruption, backup all your music and other user data stored on your iOS device, Mac or PC.
How to Register in Apple Music?
To join the Apple Music service, one needs the active Apple ID and password. Another important thing is choosing the subscription option: Individual Monthly or Annual, Family, or Student. The last thing to take care of is selecting the valid payment method.
If you’re not sure if Apple Music is the service you want to use, get a trial and follow the step-by-step instructions to join. Alternatively, get started with Apple Music using the Music app on Apple handheld devices, or the iTunes app on your Mac or Windows PC. When you first open Apple Music, the message encouraging you to join shows up. If no greeting message appears, find the For You section and tap/click it.
What to Do if There’s No ‘Join Apple Music’ message in the For You Section?
What to do if there is no invitation to join Apple Music in the For You section? Try the following:
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch: Navigate to Settings -> Music -> switch on Show Apple Music.
- Mac: Launch iTunes -> Preferences -> select Show Apple Music.
- PC: Launch iTunes -> in the top menu, select Edit -> Preferences -> select Show Apple Music.
What are the Valid Payment Methods to Use in Apple Music?
Users with Apple Music membership can select one of the below payment methods:
- Credit card;
- Debit card;
- Mobile phone billing;
- Mobile phone service provider bundling;
- iTunes and Apple Music Gift Cards.
If you want to use a store credit to pay for your Apple Music subscription, there must be enough store credit to pay for one billing period. It is possible to change the payment method after you sign up for Apple Music.
How to Choose Your Favorite Genres and Artists?
Users can calibrate their music preferences by choosing favorite genres and artists. This way, users get music recommendations in the For You section of iTunes app. It is possible to refine music suggestions in Apple Music after joining the service.
If you want to calibrate the music preferences in the process of joining Apple Music:
- Tap/click once to choose favorite genres and artists.
- Tap/click twice to pick the most favorite genres and artists.
- To remove genres and artists, just press and hold/click the in the upper-left corner.
- Tap Load More Artists to choose more artists, then tap Done.
How to Switch to Annual Membership?
Users can switch to an Annual Membership for 12 months at the price of 10 after joining Apple Music.
To switch Apple Music subscription plan, do the following:
- Launch the Music app -> tap For You.
- In the upper-right corner of the screen, tap the profile icon or your photo.
- Tap View Apple ID. Sign in or use Touch ID to sign in, if necessary.
- Tap Subscriptions -> tap Apple Music Membership.
- Select Individual (for 1 Year) and confirm your selection -> tap Back.