Unfortunately, not all applications that seem decent and can be downloaded from the web are really reliable and useful. Advanced Mac Cleaner is a vivid example of such deceptive application. Generally, it is the optimization tool designed for Mac computers. It claims to clean the computer and fix any system errors to make it run smoothly. Nevertheless, this app belongs to PUPs which stands for ‘potentially unwanted program’ and here’s why. Right after the download, Advanced Mac Cleaner scans your computer and displays lots of fake issues. Users are trying to fix the errors immediately; however, the free app turns to be unable to complete the task and users are prompted to purchase its full version. Below you will find several tips on how to get rid of this app quickly and irretrievably.
Delete the app from your computer
- For starters, save all your personal Do not forget to save all open documents. To do so, follow these steps:
- Export bookmarks in the browser;
- Make a copy of the iCloud keychain settings;
- Save other non-saved documents, files, and so on.
- Open Applications and find the Utilities
- Launch the built-in system monitoring. Then find the Advanced Mac Cleaner and click on the small ‘I’ icon in the upper left corner of the Activity Monitor window. Click the third tab Open Files and Ports. Remember (copy and paste) all the Outgoing information associated with the above application.
- Once you are finished, click on Quit.
- Click on Back and open the Applications folder. Try deleting the Advanced Mac Cleaner by dragging the program to the Trash.
- Save the current process and restart the system.
- Erase the files associated with Advanced Mac Cleaner. To do this, you usually need to open the Libraries folder and manually delete the remaining service files.
- Go to the Login Objects panel and delete all Advanced Mac Cleaner items that are still on the computer. To do this, do the following:
- Open the System Preferences window in the Dock panel at the bottom of the screen;
- Click the Users and groups option;
- Once the “Users and groups” window appears on the screen, click on the abovementioned Login objects tab;
- Select Advanced Mac Cleaner in the startup menu list and click on the “-” icon.
Remove Advanced Mac Cleaner traces from Safari
- Erase all the dangerous extensions. For that, open the web browser and then click Safari in the menu in the upper left corner of the desktop screen. After that, select Preferences.
- Go to Extensions and find Advanced Mac Cleaner and any other suspicious entries. Then, select the Uninstall option in order to delete them.
- Reset Safari.
- Open the browser and in the menu, click Safari in the upper left corner of the desktop screen. Then, choose Reset Safari.
- The window with reset options should appear. All options are usually selected by default, but you may also specify only those you need. Click on Reset to finish erasing Advanced Mac Cleaner. Here you go!
Once you uninstall this potentially unsafe program and debugging all web browsers, it would be useful for scanning the Mac system with some credible software. Thus, you will be able to remove the tracks of the Advanced Mac Cleaner app and detect related objects or various malware on your precious Mac computer.