Discover methods how to delete the password from the Apple Watch.
Make Use of iPhone Paired With the Watch
If have an iPhone previously paired with your Apple Watch, it is possible to delete the password from the Watch with the help of the Apple Watch application installed on the phone. Once you do so, you will need to set up the Watch gadget from scratch. If you have backed up Apple Watch before, you can revive it from a backup. That is why regularly backing up the Watch is highly recommended.
Here is the step-by-step guide to removing Apple Watch passcode using the paired iPhone with the Apple Watch app.
- Make sure both devices – the mobile phone and watch gadget – are located close enough to each other to interact without any problems. Then, finish the rest of the listed steps.
- Launch the Apple Watch app on iPhone. Tap the My Watch tab to continue.
- Push General
- Choose Erase Apple Watch Content & Settings. You will need to verify this action before it works. If you have a password-protected account, the system will not let you do anything without typing your Apple ID passcode. Luckily, in case you forgot the password, it is quite easy to reset.
- The procedure may take some time to complete. The next thing to do is to set up and fine-tune Apple Watch once again. If you have recent Apple Watch backups, choose to restore from a backup as it is the least time- and resource-consuming solution.
Resetting Apple Watch without Paired iPhone
Don’t you have a paired iPhone? It is possible to erase the password from the gadget anyway.
- Leave the Apple Watch charging until you take the steps described below.
- Push and keep holding the side button until you notice Power Off sign.
- Press the Power Off slide button strongly for couple seconds and then let it go – the Erase button will appear.
- Tap Erase to delete all content and settings including the passcode. The procedure might take some time depending on the volume of content and settings.
- Next, set up the Apple Watch gadget once again. Restore from a backup if needed.