Did you know that you can share the benefits of Apple Music with your family? If your family includes up to six people, you can get a Family Subscription and use Family Sharing capabilities. The Family Subscription provides the following benefits:
- Every Apple Music Family member can access the endless Apple Music catalog;
- Based on personal music preferences, each user gets individual music recommendations;
- Personal access to iCloud Music Library;
- Syncing of all music and playlists on available Apple devices.
What is Apple Music Family Subscription/Family Sharing?
Apple Music Family subscription allows sharing your favorite tunes with family members. For this, you need to set up Family Sharing on any supported Apple device. The person who enables Family Sharing becomes the family organizer who can invite other Apple Music members to be a part of a family group.
How to Get an Apple Music Membership?
Apple Music subscription is available for registration on any Apple or Android device, or even a Windows PC. It is possible to select the following subscription options:
- Monthly Individual;
- Annual Individual;
Users can change their Individual or Student subscription to Family.
How to Join Apple Music on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch?
- Go to the Music app.
– If you’re a new Apple Music member or used an Apple Music trial before, tap the trial offer to join.
– If you already have an Apple Music subscription, tap Sign In -> switch to a Family subscription.
- Select the Family option. Authenticate with an Apple ID and password used for the iTunes Store. Alternatively, authenticate with Touch ID.
- It is possible, your billing info validation request will follow. However, the full monthly charge will be billed after the trial period ends. Select a valid payment method -> tap Join.
- To refine your music tastes in Apple Music, choose genres and artists.
How to Join Apple Music on your Mac or PC?
Joining Apple Music on your Mac or Windows PC is similar to Apple handheld devices. The only difference lies in using the iTunes application.
- Launch iTunes -> select Music in the upper-left corner -> click For You at the top of iTunes app window.
- If you’re new to Apple Music or used a trial before, tap the trial offer to join.
- If you already have an Apple Music subscription, tap Sign In -> switch to a Family subscription.
- Click Get Started -> go for the Family option.
- Authenticate with an Apple ID and password used for the iTunes Store.
- It is possible, your billing info validation request will follow. However, the full monthly pay will be charged after the trial period ends. Select a valid payment method -> tap Join.
- Configure your music preferences by selecting your favorite artists and genres.
Note: users of Android phones can also join the Apple Music. For this, they need to get the Apple Music app from Google Play, sign in, and switch to a Family subscription.
How to Invite Your Family Members to Apple Music?
Once a family organizer has set up Family Sharing, it is possible to create a family group and invite family members to join in.
On Apple Handheld Devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch)
- Go to Settings -> username. For users of iOS 10.2 and earlier, access Settings -> go to iCloud.
- Tap Set Up Family Sharing -> Get Started. To create your Family group, just follow the step-by-step onscreen instructions.
- Users of iOS 11 and later can select the first item they wish to share with their family. After that, they can invite family members via the iMessage by following the step-by-step instructions.
On your Mac Computer:
- In the Apple menu, access System Preferences -> iCloud.
- Click Set Up Family and follow the further instructions.
After you set up Family Sharing, you can invite your family members to join. Once the invitation is accepted, each Family group member will get access to Apple Music.