What to do if your account was charged for a purchase you didn’t make? How to access the full list of apps, music, films, TV shows, books or other items purchased using Apple ID? Read on to find out how to do that on iOS devices, a Mac or Windows PC.
How to View Purchase History on iOS Devices?
It is possible to view purchase history by tapping the link View purchase history on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Alternatively, you can follow these steps:
- Access Settings → [username] → iTunes & App Store.
- Tap Apple ID → tap View Apple ID. Sign in with your Apple ID and password, if requested.
- In case you’re using a Family subscription, you can see your personal purchase history, but not what the other family members have bought. To access other family members’ purchase history, authenticate with their Apple ID.
- Locate Purchase History and tap it.
All purchases are split into groups by the date of charge according to chosen payment method. It is possible to access the Pending section located in the upper part of the screen. By default, you can view the purchase history for the last 90 days. To alter the displayed range, tap Last 90 Days, then specify the needed period.
To view the invoice details, tap on the → arrow located on the right to the total billed charge. To email a receipt, you can tap Resend at the bottom of the invoice details screen.
To access the item details (date of purchase/download, the name of the device used to purchase it), tap on the item inside an invoice. In case the billed item is duplicated in your purchase history by accident, tap Report a Problem.
How to View Purchase History on your Mac or Windows PC?
It is possible to view purchase history on any computer using the iTunes app. Click View My Account to launch iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page.
Alternatively, you can do the following:
- Launch iTunes → authenticate with your Apple ID, if necessary.
- Click Account in the iTunes menu bar on top → View My Account.
- Confirm your Apple ID → click View Account.
- Next, you will proceed to the Account Information page → scroll to Purchase History. Click See All to the right of the most recent purchase. Wait until your Purchase History appears.
All previous purchases are split into groups by date of purchase according to the chosen payment method. The Pending section settles on top of purchase history. By default, you can view the purchases charged in the last 90 days. To see more of your purchase history, select the needed range of dates.
To view the invoice details and the billing date, click the Order ID number to the right of the order date. It is possible to email a receipt by tapping Resend at the bottom of the invoice details section. To access the item details (date of purchase/download, the name of the device used to purchase it), tap on the item inside an invoice. In case the billed item is duplicated in your purchase history by accident, tap Report a Problem.
What to Do If You Can’t Find a Purchase or See the Items you Didn’t Purchase?
- It is possible to compare your purchase history to your credit/debit card statement if you see the items you didn’t purchase.
- If you’re charged for the items that aren’t in your purchase history, check if you have several Apple IDs.
- See what you can do in case in-app purchases don’t show up in the app but appear in your purchase history.
- Learn how to deal with the hidden purchases, hide and reveal the purchases made in iTunes, App, or iBooks Store.